My name is pronounced like papaya. Aya. Aya Papaya.
I live & work out of Seattle, Washington.
Works have been featured in publications such as The New York Times, NPR, Sportswear International, International Traditional Film Photography Society, Spin Magazine, and AP Magazine. I have shown my work across several cities, ranging from Seattle, Denver, Chicago, and DC. I am also a published children's book illustrator.
I love lists. Here is a list of things I love:
- Shooting and collecting Polaroid & film cameras.
- Beer! IPAs and Sours/Wilds are my favorite.
- Hockey; particularly the Colorado Avalanche, even though they've mostly been a letdown for the past few seasons. (edit//Wow, they really came back this year! Great playoff energy.)
- Traveling frequently.
- Red pandas!! And cats (even though I am allergic to them)!
- Electronic music. Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, and Boards of Canada are always in rotation.
- Thrifting, antique stores, estate sales, and garage sales.
Looking for a wedding photographer? I'm your girl! Really. I'd love to chat! I am also available for travel.
Questions, comments, or factoids about cats can be sent here: email@example.com
Special acknowledgements to Corey Embring for second shooting. Some of his images appear on this website.